The Hamro Party Central Executive Committee (HPCEC) consists of 21 members. Fourteen members, including the chairperson, are elected by the party’s Central Assembly and seven are selected by the majority vote of the fourteen elected members. The chairperson nominates a vice-chairperson, a general secretary and a treasurer from the central executive committee members. The Hamro Party state, district, constituency, city, city ward and village executive committees mirror the composition of the HPCEC.
Hamro Party differs widely from Nepal’s traditional political parties which are centered around some individuals and families. Key differences are highlighted here.
- The central executive committee will never exceed 21 members.
- Members of central executive committee of the party cannot take part in the election for the House of Representatives. If they wish to do so, they must resign from the central executive committee.
- Any Nepali citizen who is 18 years or older can be a member of Hamro Party for free.
- Party candidates for local, state and national general elections will be elected via primary elections.
- The tenure of Party President will be 5 years and an individual cannot hold the post for more than one term.
- No member will be expelled from the Party General Member in the pretext of party discipline unless criminally convicted in a court of law.